Spring is that time of year when you start making plans to unwind with family and friends and have some awesome parties and company picnics. And believe it or not…unwinding with a mechanical bull in Indianapolis is a blast!
And don’t worry that mechanical bulls aren’t safe. They’ve come a long way from the bull that was shown in “Urban Cowboy”. Not only are they safe, but they’re actually a lot more exciting.
Mechanical Bulls (or bucking machines) aren’t just for adults either. Children as young as five years old can enjoy a riding a bull. But don’t think that makes it too easy for that “wannabe’ cowboy. He’ll get a wild ride himself…and it’s very likely he’ll be thrown off quicker than he thinks!
The trick to a safe ride is really the right operator. You will want an operator at your event who pays close attention to what is going and one who tries to offer a GREAT ride. Not just someone who wants to throw the participant off as quickly as possible and move on to the next rider.
When you’re looking for a mechanical bull provider, you’ll want a bit of knowledge to make sure you’re getting the “right” type of bull.
- Make sure the your mechanical bull comes with a trained attendant
- Make sure the bull is a multiride unit and not a hydraulic unit. The multiride units are easier to control in terms of safety.
- Your mechanical bull should have a “safety switch”. This switch will automatically shut the bull off immediately when the rider falls off. This is another reason not to use a hydraulic bull. Since a hydraulic bull can’t stop on demand, many riders get some nice bruises when they get hit by a moving bull after falling off the ride.
- You want an inflatable mat, not just a pile of straw.
- Last but not least….make sure your mechanical bull provider is FULLY insured by a reputable underwriter.
Most mechanical bull riders enjoy competition and they’ll keep coming back again and again so make sure you take this into consideration when you’re making your party plans. You might want to only allow one ride per person until you make sure everyone has had a chance.
One last thing to remember is that Indiana has VERY strict laws for mechanical bull operators. When you rent your mechanical bull in Indianapolis, make sure the bull has been inspected by the state and the operator has papers to prove it. Indiana requires a higher amount of insurance than most other states. There are a few providers that just try to get around this by offering lower cost for the rentals. The best mechanical bull is one offered by an operator that cares enough to make sure they offer the best. Xtreme Fun Party & Events is one of the few mechanical bull operators in the state of Indiana that full complies with the state laws. If you want the best, choose Xtreme Fun Events!